Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Finding My Own Self-Worth

My apologies to any male readers out there, but a friend sent me this the other day, and I love it . . . and do remember, a man said it!  And I have to admit, it really speaks to my situation right now.



I have been struggling lately with not being part of "a couple," as so much of the world still seems to revolve around having a partner.  After a period of feeling even more "broken" because I am now (sort of) single, I have decided that I really need to be comfortable with myself before I try to include a significant other in my life . . . especially since I am still officially married, though separated.  Also, I have many friends that still want me around, which is a huge blessing.  So . . . perhaps I'm not really broken, but instead am just an independent woman exploring new facets of myself.  How can there be anything wrong with that?

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, Lilly, that you are struggling so much.

    Just because your marriage is broken, doesn't mean that you are broken.

    It seems that you are clearly in a lot of pain
    but on the way to healing

    imagine, if you didn't feel anything at all
    wouldn't that be worse?

    Enjoy your friends, they sound smart to me
    Keep learning all those new "facets"
    they sound interesting.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom's Wife,

    You are a sweetheart. I very much appreciate your heartfelt comments. You often help me keep things in perspective. You are very much right that it would be much worse if I felt nothing at all. Then I truly would be a cold-hearted b _ _ _ h, which is not something I ever want to become. Fortunately, I have some great friends (both online and in person!), which is a huge help.

    Take care and thank you,

    Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking about this and realized something... it's hard to find self worth period, but harder when you're in a relationship where you are not valued. You now have to fight society, self, and all past experiences with your husband. I find myself in the same boat, though I am much more cold to my ex after some of our more recent conversations. People judge for what happened and is happening. Definitely discover yourself though. Being married to someone codependent or belittling takes you away from yourself, so I'm sure there is a lot of discovery to come :-) I feel like I just did a lit of babbling... oh well. Lol. Enjoy life and the freedom as singleness can bring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boop82,

    I don't think you're babbling at all! Much of what you say makes total sense, and I believe that I have a lot of "discovering" to do. As you say, some people will judge, but I have also found that others (surprisingly) do not. I will be posting today about this . . .

    Thank you and hang in there,

    Lilly

    ReplyDelete