Sunday, February 18, 2018

Getting Back Pieces of My Life

Since my ex's death,  I have been back twice to my former home to retrieve a few things, with his family's blessings.  They were either things I left for him to use when I moved out almost 6 years ago, or (in some cases) things that were mine, but that he wouldn't let me have.  It has been rather healing for me to retrieve some of these things, as I lost my former home and many other things in it when we split.  I signed off on our house at the time, because I didn't want him to lose it . . . although I did.  Next to making the decision to separate from a disabled spouse, I think losing my home was the next hardest thing.

The house is going to be sold, along with what remains of the contents.  It is very odd to walk into a place where you lived for so long, and realize it isn't yours anymore.  However, I can finally say that it no longer feels like my home anymore, which I guess is a very good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment