Sunday, January 27, 2013

What a journey it has been . . . and things I have learned!

I have been copy/pasting/saving my "Wife of Type 1 Diabetic" blog.  What a journey it has been.  As I re-read certain entries, I wonder what possessed me to stay for as long as I did.  But it is therapeutic for me to do this, as it helps "cure" me of feeling guilty for finally leaving!

Things I have learned in the past 9 months:

- Marriage should not feel like a life sentence.  When it does, it is time for a change.

- Contractors will NOT show up or call back 90% of the time, even if they are "friends."  If it is a small job, maybe they are just not interested???  (Kudos/apologies to any contractor reading this who actually does show up/call when they say they will.  I have had very bad luck with this!).

- Often, male "friends" who do home repairs for you don't just want to be friends.  Stupid me.  What was I thinking?

- compactappliances.com  makes absolutely awesome appliances for apartments.  I got a great 5' tall refrigerator that holds everything I need, and it was narrow enough to fit up the stairwell.  They even give measurements, weight, etc. right online. 

- Most food items can be prepared without a stove, as long as you have a hotplate, toaster oven, and microwave. 

- Peace of mind is worth more than just about anything.

- So is maintaining your health.

- Storage units are sometimes very necessary.  Now I have to figure out exactly what I really want to keep!

- Loving family and friends are worth everything.

- I will never sell my soul to anyone, ever again.  I am worth more than that.

Cheers,

Lilly







No comments:

Post a Comment