Monday, April 1, 2013

Positive Outlooks

I came across this on  http://positiveoutlooksblog.com/ 
I have really enjoyed this website, and it is much needed right now.


 

Made me think about all the times that he blamed me for his negative behavior.  I am also thinking I need to take the above statement to heart, and make a point to remember that it is not always ME who has the problem.  I have been collecting positive self-affirmation statements more and more lately.  It helps!  I will be including some of them into an altered book I am working on.

Hope everyone had a good Easter . . .

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful comment
    its interesting that we all have these inner voices that try to defeat us all the time
    My immediate response is "of course! you shouldn't apologize for being you"
    but really don't most of us do that in little ways all the time?
    we just have to catch ourselves and remind ourselves.
    congratulations Lilly
    Keep at it
    you are great, just as you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom's Wife,

    As always, thanks for your positive affirmation. You are a peach, and pretty great yourself! :-)

    I've been apologizing for being "me," probably for most of my life. I think that had I had a better sense of self-worth from the beginning, NONE of my 3 marriages would have happened. I know: hindsight is wonderful, but what good does it do? Hopefully this: it will give me enough foresight NOT to let myself be "run over" and/or stomped on again. At least, I sure hope so . . .

    ReplyDelete